"...the truly creative mind in any field is no more than this: A human creature born abnormally, inhumanely sensitive. To them... a touch is a blow, a sound is a noise, a misfortune is a tragedy, ...a joy is an ecstasy, a friend is a lover, a lover is a god, and failure is death. Add to this cruelly delicate organism the overpowering necessity to create, create, create - so that without the creating of music or poetry or books or buildings or something of meaning, their very breath is cut off... They must create, must pour out creation. By some strange, unknown, inward urgency they are not really alive unless they are creating'.-Pearl S. Buck

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

i love me a good pray

I pray alot. I mean a.lot. You could nearly say i am in a constant state of prayer. Or another way to think of it is that prayer is my personal white noise. White noise for those who've not heard the term is basically background noise. Static. Because we dont watch teevee or listen to radio as such in our house, we have zero white noise...ah the bliss. It leaves a lot of space for general pottering around prayer. Unless im consciously thinking about it sometimes i dont even realise im doing it anymore.
I used to pray to a God. Yes just one specific God. But these days that is not quite inline with my personal beliefs whilst also being completely inline with my personal beliefs if you get my drift.
One of my favourite sayings is "there are as many roads to god as there are breaths of sons of god.'

This isnt meant to be about religion but i guess im just inlcuding it as its relevant to who/ what i pray to & how i pray.

To me...god is all. everywhere everything. god is not religion. god is existance. oh & god most definitely is love. god loves love. god loves love so much god decided to be love...man i love that.
So when i pray, i pray to all. i send my prayers, my thoughts, intentions, desires out to god...outward & inward to everything.
i offer & i request. i connect with god, with everything external of me & with everything internal of me....& i pray. oh i love me a good prayer. you know what i love better than a good prayer? when you can see the power of your prayer manifest around you...within you.

ps: feel free to replace the word god with universe, mother nature, God (in his/ her various religious forms), earth, gody god god, universe, goddess, angel...whatever or whoever god means to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment